- What is Laya?
- The relationship between laya and rasa.
- Strengthening fundamental concepts in laya – executing speed variations precisely with recommended exercises.
- Choosing the right tempo or kaalapramanam.
- Understanding musical expressions accurately in the context of laya.
- Importance of practicing the sarali varisais, alankarams , varnams in multiple speeds.
- Awareness of kaalapramanam or maintaining tempo when changing nadais or speeds.
- Importance of putting tala clearly with the rhythm and angas shown clearly.
- Examples of trying exercises, finishes and korvais in different ragas.
- Guidance on choosing the right tempo before attempting exercises in multiple speeds.
- Importance of mastering fundamentals and sing with raga bhavam before trying advanced concepts.
- Simple exercises to render varisais in multiple speeds in a single avartanam.
- Difference between Jaati and Gati with an example of rendering the Bhairavi ata tala varnam in 5 jaatis.
- Example of a pancha jaati pallavi.
- Demonstration of rendering the mohanam adi tala varnam in pancha nadai.
- Demonstration of rendering the pallavi, anupallavi and muktayi swarams of the Mohanam adi tala varnam in one avartanam.
- Concept of Chaturashra tishram with examples.
- Demonstration of performing tishram in a 3/4 eduppu Pallavi from the eduppu.
To bring together teachers, scholars, musicians and students on a common platform to provide a step-by-step approach to systematically augment student skills, together appreciating Carnatic Music. Thereby promoting the enhancement of knowledge
To mentor and augment the existing knowledge of a student, by providing exposure in keeping with traditional ways of learning and interacting with teachers, scholars and musicians, thus leading to a holistic appreciation of Carnatic Music and honing of skills.