Register to gain access to the deferred webcast. The access will be provided for one year.
Click on the registration link for details.
List of songs taught in the Tamizh Isai Ula workshop
- Song from Kuruntokai – A classical love poem from The Sangam Era – Ragam Brindavani
- Song from Purananooru – A Sangam poem written by Kaniyan Poongundran – Ragam Shanmukhapriya
- Silapathikaaram – A collection of verses from one of the episodes in this epic by Ilango Adigal. To be sung in Sempaalai Pann and free style (Iyarpa). In other words, like the modern day Virutham.
- Tirukkural Verses from Chapter 65 – Power of speech. Tuned by Shri Chitravina N Ravikiran.
- One Tevaram and a Divyaprabandam
- Song by Kudhambai Sidhar- Folk melody from the early 15th century.
- Modern compositions like
- Nal Vazhkaiye vendum – Kokila – Dandapani Desikar
- Ninaippadeppodu nenje- Nadanamakriya – Vedanayagam Pillai
- Eppadi paadinaro – Abheri- Shudhananda Bharati
- Manadhil urudhi Vendum – Behak- Subramanya Bharati
- Yaarukkuthan theriyum – Devamanohari – Gopalakrishna Bharati
In addition to learning these songs, the workshop had discussions about how Tamizh was used from the Sangam Era till now, to propagate various themes and messages to the people.