Laya is a vast and interesting subject in Carnatic Music. Go through these lessons ranging from simple to advanced and get a taste of this beautiful aspect of music.
Be sure to check out TaalAcharya, the revolutionary software for mastery over tala and tempo, available only on Acharyanet.
- Laya Terms in Carnatic Music
- Lesson on 7&35 Tala System by Chitravina N Ravikiran
- Pancha Nadai Korvais
- Seamless Korvais – The Elegance of Numbers
The Art of Playing Mridangam By Sangeeta Kalanidhi Shri Trichy Sankaran
1. Art of Playing Mridangam – Part 1 – FREE!
- Importance of Laya in Music – Understanding Laya Part 2 – Shri Chitravina Narasimhan
- Marga Talas – Understanding Laya Part 3 – Shri Chitravina Narasimhan
- Origins of Laya Patterns – Understanding Laya Part 1 – Shri Chitravina N Narasimhan
- Suladi Sapta Talas, Chapus and Nadais – Understanding Laya Part 6 – Shri Chitravina Narasimhan
- Tala Dasha Pranas- Jati and Graham – Understanding Laya Part 7 – Shri Chitravina Narasimhan
- Tala Dasha Pranas- Kala, Laya, Yati and Prastharam – Understanding Laya Part 8 – Shri Chitravina Narasimhan
- Tala Dasha Pranas- Kalam and Margam – Understanding Laya Part 4 – Shri Chitravina Narasimhan
- Tala Dasha Pranas- Kriya and Angam – Understanding Laya Part 5 – Shri Chitravina Narasimha