The 2-week virtual carnatic camp conducted from June 22nd – July 5, 2020 is now over. The camp was attended globally by students of all levels through zoom.
To see the list of topics and compositions covered, scroll to the bottom of this page.
You can still register to download the recordings of the sessions.
Acharyanet conducted a two-week virtual carnatic camp with sessions taught and conducted by Sangeet Samrat Chitravina N Ravikiran. The 2-week session included more than 50 sessions including masterclasses taught by Shri Chitravina N Ravikiran and IFCM (International Foundation for Carnatic Music) faculty-led sessions, where each session lasted from 45min- 1 hour. The sessions also included 6 special lectures by esteemed artists , the details of which are included below.
We are now making these valuable sessions available for download for those who missed the opportunity. Please email email@example.com or whatsapp +91-7259240932 for questions.
Outline of topics covered:
- Compositions taught by Shri Chitravina N Ravikiran
- Special Voice Exercises, Raga Training, and Compositions Taught by IFCM Faculty.
- Special Lectures by Invited Esteemed Artists
Compositions Taught by Shri Chitravina N Ravikiran
- Gajavadana – Vijayanagari – Chitravina Ravikiran
- Arulsheya venum – Rasikapriya – Koteeshwara Iyer
- Vanaja nayana – Kedaragowla – Thyagaraja
- Nee sari sati – Kalyani – Ponniah Pillai
- Urake galguna – Shahana – Thyagaraja
- Inka daya – Chakravakam – Patnam Subramanya Iyer
- Namami vighna – Hamsadhwani – Krishnaswamy Ayya
Other Compositions Taught by Faculty
- Samajagamani – Reetigowla – Chitravina Ravikiran
- Mahaganapatim – Amrtavahini – Jayachamaraja Wodeyar
- Mrudubhashana – Maruvadhanyashi – Thyagaraja
- Shree ramya – Jayamanohari – Thyagaraja
- Idudaano tillaitanam – Behag – Gopalakrishna Bharati
- Villaiyada neram alla – Pantuvarali – Chitravina N Ravikiran
- Elara shree krishna – Kambodhi – Thyagaraja
Special Sessions by Guest Artists
- Complimenting Compositions on the Mrdangam By Vidwan KV Prasad
- Accompanying in High Voltage Improvisation By Vidushi Akkarai S Subhalakshmi
- Dissecting Tani Avartanams By Vidwan Patri Sathish Kumar
- Musical Skills and Raga Aesthetics By Dr Sriram Parasuram
- How to compose (Ragam, Tanam) Pallavis By Sangeet Samrat Chitravina N Ravikiran
- Khanjira in Classical and Contemporary Times By Vidwan BS Purushotham